Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You Know Better Than I

"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we wanted them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." - Joseph F. Smith

I love this quote! We loved it so much, we put it on our adoption pass along card. It is so true...but it doesn't always make the waiting easier. Lately, I feel like so many around me, whether I know them well or not, are dealing with infertility, struggling after a miscarriage, waiting to be placed with a child, or dealing with a failed placement. My heart aches for them because I know how much it hurts. I remember those empty arms and how I longed to hold a child in them...our child. Even though I have similar struggles, I never seem to know what to say. Sometimes, life is just hard. I've never seen the movie, Joseph King of Dreams, but I remember hearing this song (You Know Better Than I) from it last year, and I loved it immediately! There were many days that I would listen to it over and over, hoping to really help me believe them and understand Heavenly Father's plan for me. I still don't always understand His plan, but I am trying to, and I do know that He does know better than me...always, no matter what trial or difficulty I may face.



To those who are struggling, I am sorry. I hope you will feel His love for you and find peace.

Here are the lyrics, in case you couldn't see them all in the squished video. I think they are by David Campbell.

I thought I did what's right

I thought I had the answers
I thought I chose the surest road
But that road brought me here

So I put up a fight
And told you how to help me
Now just when I have given up
The truth is coming clear

You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go the need to know why
For You know better than I

If this has been a test
I cannot see the reason
But maybe knowing
I don't know is part of getting through

I tried to do what's best
And faith has made it easy
To see the best thing i can do
Is put my trust in You.

For, You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go the need to know why
For You know better than I

I saw one cloud and thought it was a sky
I saw a bird and thought that I could follow
But it was You who taught that bird to fly
If I let You reach me
Will You teach me.

For, You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go the need to know why
I'll take what answers you supply
You know better than I

2 comments:

Tyler and Jeena said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Patience is hard. I didn't realize you moved to Nebraska. I hope you are enjoying your new adventures as a Mom in a new place.

Marianne N Doug said...

So glad you are back to the blogging world. We missed your voice and thoughts. Lovely post!