Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's been awhile

Hello! Don't worry; Andrew and I are still alive and doing well. But I have to admit that we are new to the blogging world, and I really have a hard time keeping up with two blogs. I wouldn't really worry about it because I think only three or four people even know this blog exists...but some of those people have this linked on their blog, and when I saw that it had been two months since my last post, I figured I better do something about it. This is it...the adoption blog gets all the news, pictures, and excitement. Check it out here (just don't go everyday or it will really mess up our tracking numbers). I want to update it weekly, but sometimes it happens every other week or so.

Speaking of adoption, no, we haven't heard anything. It is hard and often frustrating, and I feel like Heavenly Father is always trying to teach me to be patient and trust in Him. I am either a really slow learner or I just have a hard time giving up control. I know we have been in this process for only a short time, but when you add on the previous years of struggles, it feels a lot longer. We are doing our best to spread the word, and have supportive family and friends who are helping us as well. We have some great pass along cards with our contact info if you want some. You can give them to anyone to let them know we are hoping to adopt. There is also a group called Families Supporting Adoption (FSA) which consists of others who are hoping to adopt, those who have adopted, people who were adopted, or people who love adoption. We are becoming more involved with that and are very excited!

Church is going well and keeping us busy; which is good. I am in Primary and Cub Scouts still and we also work with the Young Single Adults. It is a fun challenge. Work is going well for Andrew but wow, it is starting to get crazy and busy! He just left an hour ago to go meet with people and do whatever and he won't be back tonight until midnight. That isn't normal, but he is covering his area (which is already large) and helping with another that is a few hours away, so traveling is always involved. But we are grateful for his job!

Everything here in Sterling is the same. Actually, we have now lived here in this house for 15 months, which is the longest we have ever lived in one place. And we were starting to go a little crazy; so we rearranged our bedroom. I recommend it to anyone who is getting sick of their living arrangements.

Well, that is it. Hope all is well for each of you! Oh, and I feel like I need to put at least one picture on here, so here you go: celery.

This is probably my favorite thing to dry in the dehydrator. Well, not really; it takes awhile, but it is so nice to have on hand. Have you ever wanted to make some chicken noodle soup and you wish you had some celery to throw in there? Yeah, that is me, all the time. I buy celery occasionally, and then half of it goes bad in the fridge. But, I found it on sale a few weeks ago, bought two packages and dried it. Now we can have it in soup whenever we want. I love it! Have a great week...or two months!

No comments: