Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Emergency Essentials Food Storage Analyzer

I like food storage. We are working this year on really building it up. We have enough wheat for the two of us for more than a year! But, how about everything else? Well, not quite there, but working on it. We are planning to stock up and I have been saving every week to put towards a big purchase at the end of the year. Anyway, Emergency Essentials has this new thing that will tell you how you are doing. Since we have enough wheat, but not all of everything else, we will just have to eat a lot of bread. You put in how much you have in your Food Storage: buckets, #10 cans, and canned items from the grocery store.

It was easy to do, although most of our food storage now isn't in #10 cans, so I had to search to see how much the cans weighed. Then, I could figure out how much pasta and rice we really had. It doesn't have areas for everything...like cereal, granola bars, tomatoes (but it does have tomato sauce), or chocolate chips (and we have a year's supply of those fortunately!). But, it does cover a lot of other things. I am not totally sure if I included everything we have because I wasn't sitting down with a list of items, although I did refer to my pantry often, but it says that we have enough food for 163.66 days! Not bad, but we have a lot of work to do! Good thing we like bread...

And, if you try out the Analyzer before October 28th, you can receive a free $10 gift card from Emergency Essentials!

Go to the Food Storage Analyzer and create a free account; try out the analyzer; then write your own review. Click on the red button below for more details and instructions.

Gift Card Giveaway

No comments: