Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More from the garden

Since my last post was titled "Cucumbers", I thought about calling this one "Tomatoes." But then, I figured I needed to be more creative, but I can't get over the garden theme I guess. We've had some weird fall weather moving in, and none of my tomatoes want to turn red anymore, but I had one that did.
But, here is another one that is not so red.

Oh, wait...it is the same tomato! What? I left it on the plant forever, hoping it would be red all over, but some bugs decided to take over the green part, and the red part was getting soft anyway. I am not sure what happened, but it looked pretty crazy. And it didn't even taste that good...it was really acidic. Other than tomatoes, things are well. It has been so busy lately. We went to Washington to visit my family, and I will have to post more later on that. I have been canning all summer: strawberry jam, strawberry rhubarb jam, blackberry jam, raspberry jam, rhubarb, apple juice, relish, salsa, and last, but definitely not least...potatoes. They were the worst! I had to use a pressure canner for the first time. But I survived, and hopefully will do it again soon. I took pictures of some of the things I canned to document it, but they are all on the other computer, so maybe I will add some later.

Also, we were approved for adoption and are so excited! Visit our adoption blog and then pass it on to your friends too. Thanks! And have a wonderful day!

No comments: