Friday, September 10, 2010

An Amazing Weekend

This past weekend was so great! I think we need long weekends every weekend! Work has been pretty busy for Andrew lately, so he took Friday off too, so we had plenty of time to do whatever we wanted! So, here is what we did:

Bought a lot of cereal



There was a great deal on cereal at a store here, you could get a box for 49 cents! We don't like to pay more than $1 a box for cereal anyway, so we stock up on sales and already had a lot...but now we have a whole lot! We added 27 boxes to our cereal collection. The pictures don't do it justice...it is a small closet with no light, and I had a hard time getting the whole view.

Built a shelf

Notice that great shelf above holding that cereal? It used to be a box held up by a hook and a piece of yarn. I built it, not Andrew. But, after more than a year of use, it was getting a little flimsy. Plus, it could only hold about ten boxes of cereal if we were lucky, and we needed a little more storage space. Actually, he built another shelf too, to hold paper towels and tp. I love it!

Went on walks



It was great weather so we went on a walk almost every day! We walked all over town, stopped at parks, and enjoyed the wind. Jessica loved it.

Built a (small) fort


Had a visit with our birth mom and her family!


Melinda and her family came out to visit us on Monday and it was so good to see them again! Can we mention again how much we love her?

Took a bath in a real baby tub


Well, actually, only Jessica did this. Her umbilical cord didn't want to fall off for a long time, so she has had a lot of sponge baths. Well, the days of sponge bathing are over, and we think she's excited about that. Either way, she loved her new bathrobe.

And celebrated Jessica's two month birthday!


Two months...already??

We hope all of you had a great weekend too!

Oh, and part 2 is done! It is in the final reviewing stages and will be posted soon!

3 comments:

Emilee said...

I love the bathrobe. Jessica is adorable. I'm impressed with your cereal collection--my husband would be jealous. I need to live wherever you're living if you can find cereal for $1 a box or less!

Jennifer Velazquez said...

I love the bathrobe picture and the 2 month picture. She is SO cute. I want to squeeze her ! (Gently). I have tons of cereal too and I also won't pay more than a $1. Unless its Lucky charms because my kids love it. Then I will splurge and pay $1.50 but it kills me to do it. Can't wait for you to post the rest of your adoption story! I love you! Jennifer

Elise said...

WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend together as a family! I can't wait for Part 2!!!